Percival Children – 1/29/17

Captain Samuel Wing Percival built Percival’s Dock (now the site of Percival Landing) as well as an imposing home with terraced grounds overlooking the Deschutes Estuary and downtown Olympia. In this early photograph his three children, John, Georgiana, and Sam, pose in a studio setting. John later took over the shipping business from his father. Image selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org. Photograph around 1865, courtesy Washington State Historical Society, State Capital Museum collection

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.