Miniature golf was all the rage in the late 1920s and early 30s. In January 1931, the Palm Grove “resort” opened at the corner of Franklin and Fifth. The indoor course had a tropical theme, with an adjacent restaurant. One of the area’s first neon signs was erected outside to draw attention to the swanky venue. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org.
Vibert Jeffers photograph, 1931, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives