Attribution: Vibert Jeffers Photograph, Susan Parish Collection, Washington State Archives
This building was designed in 1924 by architect Joseph Wohleb as a packing and storage facility for the Olympia Oyster Company. This is the only remaining building from Olympia’s once-thriving oyster industry. It is now the site of the popular Olympia Oyster House, the front of which burned in 2013. It reopened in summer 2014. Photograph selected and captioned by Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org.