Minor House

Location: 1528 Columbia St SW
Local register; South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood; Diversity: Scandinavians

Minor_1937Minor House, 1937, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAMinor House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross

Like its next-door neighbor, the Harmon House, the Minor House, built in 1922, is one of several homes that were ordered by catalogue from the Tumwater Lumber Mills Ready Cut Homes. The company was founded by the Anderson family, who were Swedish. Over fifty homes in the South Capitol Neighborhood were from the TLM catalogue. Five homes in a row in this block were dubbed “Swede row,” in recognition of the Anderson family’s origin. The Minor House’s  design was featured in TLM’s catalogue. Its first owner was Ernest Minor, an accountant with the state. It is on the local register and located in the South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood.

Olympia Heritage inventory

South Capitol Neighborhood National Historic District

downloadable Tumwater Lumber Mills catalogue 

 

 

This entry was posted in Locations of Historic Interest. Bookmark the permalink.