Millersylvania CCC – 4/15/18

During the Depression, the Civilian Conservation Corps hired thousands of young men and put them to work building and improving public amenities. CCC members were responsible for building many of the structures still in place at Millersylvania State Park, outside of Olympia. In this photo, a group of young men are hard at work building one of the kitchen shelters at the park. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum, olympiahistory.org. 

circa 1935 photograph, State Capital Museum collection, Washington State Historical Society

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.