Location: 101 Sherman St. NW
|McCleary-Robinson House 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
McCleary-Robinson House today (2013), photograph by Deb Ross
This large home, overlooking the mouth of the Deschutes Estuary and the bridges to downtown Olympia, was built in 1916 by Charles McCleary, son of lumber magnate Henry McCleary (see McCleary Mansion). It was later occupied for many years by Supreme Court Justice John S. Robinson. Having fallen into disrepair for several years, it has recently been restored to highlight its original Craftsman style features. The home is on the local register.