Location: 223 19th Ave SW
Local register; South Capitol National Historic District
|McArdle House 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||McArdle House now (2013), photo by Deb Ross|
This handsome Foursquare House, with two stories of bay windows, was built around 1906. It is named after long-time residents L.D. and Fannie McArdle. L.D. was a legislator from Jefferson County who was an avid collector of historical ephemera. The house is very well preserved and is on the local register as well as located in the South Capitol National Historic District.