In the early days of statehood, one room schoolhouses were the norm throughout Thurston County. Here a stern looking teacher has charge of a group of 27 youngsters at the Littlerock School, in 1909. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, visit us at olympiahistory.org. Photo: Frances Dena, 1909, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives
Littlerock School – 5/17/15
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.