Location: 1675 Marine Drive NE
|Jacaranda Restaurant near opening day, 1964, photo courtesy of Washington State Historical Society|
For the 1962 Seattle World’s Fair, the Douglas Fir Plywood Association created a model home called the Century 21 Plywood Home of Living Light. After the fair was over, the building was purchased and floated down Puget Sound, where it was remodeled and opened as the Jacaranda Restaurant. Perched at the northern end of the central Olympia peninsula, the restaurant had several domed rooms and outdoor seating areas overlooking the inlet. The building burned in 2002, and the site is now (2019) the home of Anthony’s Hearthfire Restaurant.
WSHS, catalog, search C19220.127.116.11.31.4.1