Location: 314 Washington St NE
|Post Store building, 1964, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||Post Store building today (2015), photo by Deb Ross|
This building has been described as one of the best examples of commercial architecture at the north end of downtown Olympia. Erected in 1928, its utilitarian design by Joseph Wohleb is another example of the broad range of Wohleb’s abilities and styles. The original owner, J.H. Post, was proprietor of Post Electric and also was active in the oyster business. Many of the original features of the building have been lost in its transformation into a storage business.