J.E. Kelley – 5/14/17

Pamela Case Hale built the Hale Block at 502 4th Avenue in 1891, during a time of great prosperity for Olympia. In the early 20th century this building was the location of the J.E. Kelley Furniture store. The name J.E. Kelley remains incised into the sidewalk in front of the building, which is now the home of Olympia Fireplace and Spa. This photograph is part of a 1914 series, by photographer Robert Esterly, of local businesses and their owners. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org. 

Robert Esterly photograph, around 1914,  State Capital Museum Collection, courtesy Washington State Historical Society

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.