Location: 416 Carlyon Ave SE
|Hartung House 1941, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
Hartung House today (2015), photo by Deb Ross
Dr. Frank Hartung commissioned Joseph Wohleb in 1939 to substantially renovate and expand a 1 1/2 story home that was originally at this location in the Carlyon neighborhood of Southeast Olympia. It is in a Colonial revival style, demonstrating the breadth of Wohleb’s abilities. Dr. Hartung organized the Olympia Medical and Dental Corporation, which operated out of the McCleary Mansion nearby. The home has been inventoried but is not on the local register.
Olympia Heritage inventory sheet