Location: 125 17th St SE
Local Register, South Capitol National Historic District
|George House, 1936, photo from Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives|
George House today (2010) photograph by
The George House was built about 1896 and was later sold to Orville George, a grocer. His son Marion George ran the M.E. George grocery located in the Angelus Hotel building downtown. The house is a modest, but well preserved example of a Pioneer style home, and is on the local register, besides being located in the South Capitol National Historic District.
Washington State Historical Society photograph (items in bold face indicate a scanned image is available): C19184.108.40.206.6