Location: 1512 Columbia St. SW
Local register; South Capitol Neighborhood National Historic District
Crombie House 1937, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives
Crombie House today (2013) photo by Deb Ross
The Crombie House was built some time between 1907 and 1915 by Johanna and Jacob Lenherr, and later sold to the Crombie family. If the 1907 date is correct, the inventory sheet suggests that the house was probably moved from the current Capitol Campus to this nearby location in the South Capitol neighborhood. It is a large, Foursquare style house. It is on the local register. The Crombies owned the Crombie Drugstore in the Stuart Block at Legion and Capitol Way.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross