The Columbia Hall, located where the 4th Ave Tav is now, was a combined police station, fire station, City Hall, and gathering place. Here members of Olympia’s finest pose in front of the hall, sporting their law enforcement badges. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org.
Oscar Sternberg photograph, 1905, Courtesy Washington State Historical Society, State Capital Museum collection