Location: 2053 East Bay Drive NE
|Chandler House 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||
Chandler House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
The Chandler House is situated on the east shore of Budd Inlet, just south of Priest Point Park. It was built around 1920 by Elbert Chandler, an engineer who was responsible for many of the irrigation projects that transformed Eastern Washington into an important agricultural center in the 1920s and 1930s. The home is in the Dutch Colonial style popular in that era, and is well maintained. The home is on the local register.