Chambers, Joseph and Marion House

Location: 2519 Fire Ct SE
Local register

No vintage photograph has been located; if you have one to share, please contact usOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAJoseph and Marion Chambers house today (2013), photo by Deb Ross

Until well into the 20th century, the Boulevard Road section of east Olympia was rural, consisting of modest homes, many with fruit and nut orchards (see also Piety Hill listing). The home shown here was built by Joseph Bert and Marion Chambers in about 1915. (Chambers, listed as a farmer in census data, does not appear to be related to the Chambers family from Lacey or A.H. Chambers, mayor of Olympia.) Although described in the inventory as a Craftsman style, it has many elements of the Foursquare style that would have predominated at that time. It was constructed out of the hazelnut and holly trees in the area; many of these trees’ descendants are still in existence. The home is on the local register.

Additional resources:

Olympia Heritage inventory

Go to next location

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This entry was posted in Locations of Historic Interest and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.