The Olympia Tribune published a promotional brochure in 1891 highlighting important people and places in and around Olympia. This image is of the Chambers Block at Fourth Avenue and Main Street (now Capitol Way), then and now the center of Downtown Olympia. The building still exists. Its ornate parapets and bay windows were severely damaged during the 1949 earthquake. Washington State Library collection. Image selected and captioned by Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org
Chambers Block in 1891 – 5/4/14
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.