In May of 1950, the City of Olympia observed its centennial. Celebrations included a log cabin Centennial Headquarters in Sylvester Park, a special edition of the Daily Olympian, and, naturally, a parade. Here a replica of Tumwater’s Crosby House makes its way up Capitol Way, thronged by spectators, many in “pioneer” garb. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org.Merle Junk photograph, May 1950, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives
Centennial Parade – 5/1/16
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.