In this photograph from 1938, Olympia’s Broyles Grocery store is advertising “Beer in Keg Lined Cans.” Beer cans were first introduced in 1934, but only gained widespread acceptance during World War II, when they became popular with US Troops. Photograph selected and captioned by the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org.
Beer Cans at Broyles Market – 7/6/14
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.