The Percival Mansion, the home of pioneers Samuel W.and Lurana Percival, is one of the more recognizable structures in early Olympia images. It was built by Benjamin Harned in 1874, at the western end of the Fourth Avenue bridge. Built in Gothic Revival and Italianate style, it perched on top of a terraced hillside and had a spectacular view of Olympia and Mount Rainier. Image selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, visit us at olympiahistory.org. Edward Lange drawing, 1891 Olympia Tribune Souvenir Edition, Washington State Library
Percival Mansion – 5/24/15
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.