The Bigelow House, listed on local, state and national registers of historic places, was built by 1860 and is a fine example of the Carpenter Gothic style. The house, which was restored in the 1990s, retains the signature elements of the style on the exterior. The house interior features authentic furnishings and artwork as well as the records of the long residence of the Bigelow family. Focused on the territorial period of Washington, the house includes elements the continued residency of the family to 2005. The house is open to the public for docent guided tours. The photographs in this collection, on this and other pages, show both the interior and exterior of the house and grounds over the years.
Digitization and posting of these images from the Bigelow House Collection funded through the Pendleton & Elisabeth Carey Miller Charitable Foundation.
©Bigelow House Museum Collections, Copyright Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. No commercial use of images permitted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for rights information