In 1914, photographer Robert Esterley took photographs of Olympia businesses and their owners. Pictured here is the Haskin and Peele shoe shop, located at 406 Fourth Avenue East (current site of the Clipper Café). The owners James Haskin and Robert Peele are likely two of the three men posing in front of the shop. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information see olympiahistory.org.
Robert Esterly photograph, 1914, Courtesy State Capital Museum collection, Washington State Historical Society